How to eliminate bad odor in Gyms? Many gyms have open showers and saunas. How do you prevent the bad smell from those areas? What about the odors from the locker room area? I am sure all of us hate the “gym smell.” Bad gym smells can be discouraging for people to go and work out. What are the ways we can tackle this problem?
What people do not realize is that there are certain things about a gym that cause bad smells or sweaty odors. So first, let’s identify what causes bad odor in gyms:
- 1. A lack of ventilation
- 2. Mixing clothes with body odor
- Not enough cleaning To eliminate the bad smells, the bad odor must be identified first. Once you identify what causes the bad gym smells, it is easier to develop solutions on how to minimize those types of smells.
When working out at a gym or fitness center, most people take their shoes off and put them inside a locker with their other stuff. When you take your shoes off, they could be dirty and start to smell (dirty shoes equal bacteria, and that equals bad odor!). Some people also bring their work clothes to just change from the office into the gym right away. Of course, they would not like to carry their office clothes around the gym all day, so they put them in a locker too. The problem is that these lockers get filled up, and people start stacking on top of each other. When you do that, sweat starts mixing with your shirt or shoes, which causes an odor smell!
How Can Gym Owners Remove Bad Odor in their Gym?
Luckily, there are ways to eliminate bad odor in gyms. Here is a list of odor solutions that will help you remove bad odor:
- Add more ventilation so people can breathe better. Make sure that the air conditioner is working well! This will make sweating less, and people would not feel tired during their workout.
- Supposing clean towels where people can wipe the sweat will help tremendously reduce body odor! Not only that this helps with reducing bad smell but also with the spread of germs!
- When shampooing the carpets and floors (especially around locker rooms), make sure to keep those areas dry. Moist carpets and floors will cause a bad smell to stick on it due to bacteria and mold.
- Make sure you change out the gym towels or mops daily. When cleaning the locker rooms, ensure every area is consistently clean, including around sinks, toilets, showers, and floors! If there are many people in your gym, you have to work harder and faster than usual to clean up the locker rooms.
- Ensure that you do not overwork one area of your gym, especially around the locker rooms. Do a thorough cleaning job once every week, and make sure to vacuum thoroughly! I would also recommend you put all customers’ belongings away after leaving and not just throwing them in a locker. This will help prevent the bad smell from getting worse.
- Make sure you remind your gym-goers to shower before they come into the gym so that they would not sweat as much during their workouts!
Eliminate Bad Odor In Gyms With An Air Purifier
Remove Bad Odor in the Gym and Locker Room
A good air purifier can help a lot to reduce the bad odor. If you think about it, air purifiers can filter out pollutants that cause bad odor. This machine can eliminate organic compounds like bacteria, viruses, and mold, which quickly causes bad odor. When there are more people in the gym (especially when you have over 200 members), your gym will be prone to collecting many pollutants inside the air.
The key to using an air purifier is to let it run all day long to get rid of those bad odors and bacteria/viruses before the gym session. You can also use air purifiers when cleaning the locker rooms to make sure that nothing is left inside there.
Air purifiers will help not only your indoor air quality but also your outside environment!
If you are looking for an effective odor removal machine, then AirROS advanced surface & air purifiers are the best solutions for this!
Choosing the Right Air Purifier For Gyms
Not all air purifiers are created equal. Here is a checklist to help you find the right air purifier for bad odor and pathogens inside a gym.
- It needs to sanitize surfaces too.
- Needs to sanitize air and surfaces 24/7
- Safe to use while people are present.
- Organic (No chemicals usage).
- Low amperage usage.
- Can eliminate the entire gym odor and replace it with a clean smell.
- Dynamic controlling so you have the control to adjust the air purifier power.
- Air Quality Levels – The air purifier needs to monitor the air quality in the gym.
If this seems like a daunting task for you as a gym owner, I understand. However, if you want to save time and skip the costly searching process, we recommend AirROS surface and air purification systems. These systems check all the boxes on the checklist I mention.
Using AirROS Purifiers Inside A Gym
The AirROS advanced systems are a commercial air purifier that creates and utilize ROS (Reactive Oxygen Species) to defend, purify, against pathogens, mold, bacteria, viruses, and odor control in the Air and Surfaces in two stages:
Phase 1- Primary Air Cleaning
Placed within your room’s airflow, air from the environment containing microorganisms enters the purifier’s internal chamber. The reaction chamber creates non-thermal plasma and generates ROS. ROS comprises 5 short-lived highly Reactive Oxygen Species:
- atomic oxygen
- singlet oxygen
- hydroxyl radical
Which breaks down carbon-to-carbon bonds that sanitize the air destroys all bacteria, molds, viruses, and other pathogens as they pass through the reaction chamber.
Phase 2- Secondary Surface & Air Cleaning
Provides Surface sanitation and continued Air sanitation. The purified air now diffused into the environment contains longer lived Reactive Oxygen Species (gas-phase H2O2- hydrogen peroxide and low concentration levels of O3-ozone) that further sanitize room air and surfaces. Again, in addition to treating the ambient air as it passes through the reaction chamber, using the H2O2 and O3 diffused into the environment, our units will further sanitize all Surfaces and control Odor, resulting in clean air and surfaces 24/7.
We know that bad odor is a problem for most gyms and fitness centers. If you are looking for an air purifier to help eliminate the bad smell, we recommend AirROS surface and air purifiers. Independent studies have proved these units to reduce pathogens while eliminating odors in facilities. The best part of these products is that they can be installed quickly with minimal disruption or construction required! Our team of experts will create a customized plan just for you – contact us today at 1-855-201-7243 or schedule a call with a specialist. Let’s chat about how our technology might work well in your gym environment!